Saturday, April 23, 2011

Orks!

Alright, I am up and moving on the Orks.  I finished 5 Lootas the other day.  Now I just need to do the other five.  I like doing models in batches of five, although for the rank and file boyz I painted in sets of ten.  Here's a pic:

You can see a runt herd I put in there too.

Also I played a 1500 point game against my friend's hybrid IG army with the orks.  It was capture and control.  I won the roll off, and chose to go second. 

I should mention that this guy almost always plays as Foot Guard, so I was not expecting any tanks.  As a result, I was a little light on tankbusting in the list.  I still had a unit of lootas and a unit of kannons so it didnt seem like I was tailoring to beat what he usually plays.  He ran a leman russ executioner I think, the one with all the plasma cannons.  Let me tell you, between that, and his stock Russ, I was loosing boyz left and right.  Of course it didn't help when my boyz couldn't roll a run of more than 1" and rolled two 1's for difficult terrain.  I lost about 18 inches of potential movement in two turns.  That really hurt.  I ended up pulling a draw, with my steadfast gretchin holding my objective.  Fun game, and a good learning experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment