Sunday, December 19, 2010

No Rest For the Wicked

Deeper down the rabbit hole I go.  Today I put on some more greenstuff to texture the tail of the beast.  I'm not entirely happy with it, but I think after I take some sand paper to it I will be more satisfied.  Here are the pictures of it.  I tried to continue the texture of the Trygon abdomen as it moves down the tail.  I added some ridge like things in the center.  I may add some scales to it to further reinforce the dragonlike/fishlike theme.



Here are some pictures of the rider as he comes along.  I try to make my heroes larger by making them true scale.  This allows them to stand above their peers and be easily picked out.  I saw some shin greaves on Scibor Minis and a guide on how to make them.  I practiced on making Celtic knots, and got really frustrated.  I gave it a shot and you can see the results below.




As you can see, they are a little bit too big, even for true scale.  The design I chose to make is a Triskelion which I think is a Celtic design, which I think is good for Space Wolves.  I need to figure out how to model the rest of the legs.  I still may just use Terminator shin pads and just glue my homemade pads on top, but that will make the foot look to small.  Also I would have to deal with the cables that are on the calf area of terminator pads.

Tomorrow I will have both of the fish fins on the beast.  Then I will need to blend them onto the beast so they look natural, but I have a good plan for this....Sneak Peek!

No comments:

Post a Comment