Thursday, December 16, 2010

Whats that coming over the hill?

Hello again, New update:  Customer service didn't send me just the missing jaw piece of my kit, they sent me a whole new model!  I got two Black Dragons for the price of one.  This solves one of the problems I had since I really wanted two sets of webbed feet, and now I have them.  I just need to do a little sculpting at the transitions, and I can make those hands into feet.  Also this has the added advantage of giving me another set of necks and tails since the earlier ones are all bent and warped on account of my mishaps last time. 

I have done some serious scultping here too.  I extended the carapace down the tail, and made scales over the neck transition where I expect the rider to be placed.  I also tried making a barnacle on the carapace.  I intend to make several more, and near the end have some sort of lamprey attached to his body so you know he is a sea beast.




I still need to figure out a way to thicken the neck out the bottom and smooth the transition between the tyranid neck and the lizardlike one.  I also need to figure out how to make gills.  I think I might use mawloc jaws and bits to make the gill webbing.  The great thing about this is that it doesn't have to look exactly like terrestrial gills, but just be reminiscent of them. 

The next thing to do is get webbing on those fins I made.  I bought a bunch of harpy wings as well that I can use as small fins along the sides where those little holes are on his body which are normally used for spines on the trygon model

The rider is also coming along.  I'll try getting a picture of him in next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment